It’s common for homeowners to get antsy with their home decor after several years of the same design and colours. In fact, this desire tends to happen in the springtime, when the snow has melted and the outside world comes back to life. For homeowners looking to make changes that will create a new, energetic vibe in their daily lives, there are four expert suggestions to heed.
- Replacement Windows
East York, ON replacement windowsare a key suggestion for homeowners looking to revamp their homes. Old, outdated, or inoperable windows need to be addressed and replaced by a professional. More light and unobstructed views produce serenity and an inviting atmosphere. Plus, new windows add value, curb appeal, and equity.
- Take Feng Shui Seriously
There are a few tenets to follow within Feng Shui that will greatly improve the vibe in your home. They are as follows:
- Clear away the clutter. Clutter only amplifies anxiety and tension in the home. If an item doesn’t have a clear use or placement, get rid of it.
- Added natural light. Replacement windows play a huge role in creating a calm environment. The more natural light in the home, the more inviting and airy your space will feel.
- Cross ventilation. Removing stagnant air is important. Be sure to have operable windows in every room for this.
- There should be nothing blocking a clear entrance into the home on either side of the front door.
- Rearrange furniture. Furniture placement in the home should never be positioned in a way that blocks a clear pathway. The couch should have its back against a solid wall and never be turned away from the entrance.
- Consider Colours
If you’ve never heard of the “60-30-10” colour rule, it is a timeless decorating rule that helps homeowners put together an easy colour scheme. The digits represent percentages: 60%, 30%, and 10%. When used properly, balance is achieved in the home. So, the “60%” is the main colour, or “anchor” and backdrop, in a room. This can be the wall colour, large pieces of furniture, or area rugs. The “30%” is the secondary colour—it needs to be half of the main colour. Drapes, window treatments, accent chairs, bed linens, and/or an accent wall are part of the 30% which are meant to give the room interest and support the anchor colour. The “10%” is the accent colour. This portion includes artwork, accent or throw pillows, decorative accessories, or bedside table lamps.
- Add Soft Materials
Don’t be afraid to add too many soft edges to your home. This includes shag rugs, soft pillows on the couch, throw blankets, and soft, fluffy furniture. Studies show that touching soft surfaces by hand or underfoot increases homeowners’ sense of refuge and wellbeing. This will freshen up and add more enjoyment to daily life.
To get started, give Brock Doors and Windows Ltd. a call when you’re ready to add East York, ON replacement windows to your space. We’d love a visit from you to discuss your next steps. Our showroom is located at 278 Orenda Road, Brampton, ON, L6T 4X6 and we can be reached by phone at (905) 791-2850. Our team is excited to work with you to improve your home’s vibe!