If you are unsure which windows to choose when the time comes to replace yours—you are definitely in the majority! Let’s face it, most people only have their home windows replaced once in their lifetime, so it’s no surprise that most are unfamiliar with what to choose and where to turn!
That said, our expert team here at Brock Doors and Windows wants to help guide you in your replacement window journey! There’s a lot to choose from, so it can feel overwhelming. But, rest assured that our professionals are in the business of assisting—not selling to you unnecessarily. Your satisfaction is our goal!
To give you a creative boost, let’s go over three helpful tips for your Brampton window replacement search!
- Don’t be fooled by the price
Price does not indicate performance. Too many homeowners are fooled into purchasing the most expensive replacement window options based on this farce. You want to pay attention to the following:
- Reputability. Look at the brand, the ratings, and the longevity of the window manufacturer.
- Ratings. How is a given manufacturer rated? What energy-efficiency performance ratings has it received? What are people saying about its durability and weather resistance?
- Warranties. Is the window product itself warrantied? What about the installation work?
Once you’ve reviewed these points, you can determine if the price of the windows you’re considering work for your budget.
- Match window options to your climate
Don’t take our word for it—check out overall weather scores on our windows and any other company’s windows you’re considering! Obviously, you want to choose windows that are made for our Canadian climate: harsh winters and short summers. Further, though, if your home is situated in a high-wind location, indicate this to your Brock
- Focus on the light
Natural light is the best thing you can bring inside your home to make it feel spacious, inviting, and fresh. If your current windows are small or inauspiciously placed, let’s address it. Replacement windows that are bigger and placed strategically to invite more light inside will do wonders for your space. Not only will you feel more at home each day in a space that appears instantly larger, you will enjoy:
- An improved mood. That’s right—studies show more natural light improves mood and combats depression.
- Higher productive. Who knew that all we needed to boost our drive to finish the laundry was to add more natural light to our homes?!
- More energy. Again, studies indicate that our energy levels are significantly connected to our exposure to sunlight.
- More vitamin D. Always a plus—more essential vitamins in our lives!
- A raised home value. Homeowners are looking for big windows and an open concept look. More windows mean more money in your pocket when the time comes to sell!
At Brock Doors and Windows in Brampton, ON, our team strives to create happy, loyal customers with every interaction. Whether you visit us to ask a few simple questions or hire our experts to transform your home with new windows and doors—we will always treat you as part of our family. Give us a call!
Brock Doors and Windows Ltd. | 278 Orenda Road | Brampton, ON, L6T 4X6 | (905) 791-2850